Notes on jpegtran:
- Decompress "ids-0.8.tar.gz" into a directory where your webserver
can find it. This should probably
be on a NTFS volume for performance and security.
- Rename the directory "ids-0.8" to whatever you want.
- Open a command prompt, and navigate to the directory you renamed above. In that directory, type "perl.exe iiscfg.pl", and follow the prompts.
- Change NTFS ACLs on the admin directory to allow only designated admins.
- If you would like to require that guests have a password before posting
comments, you can set NTFS ACLs on the "postcomment" directory.
- Create a directory named "image-cache".
- Change ACLs on the album-data, image-cache, and logs directories to
allow anonymous reads, writes, and deletes.
- The previewmaker.pl script needs to be modified. Open it in your favorite text editor
and change all instances of "follow => 1" to "follow => 0" (without quotes.) This fixes an issue
with the way Perl on windows handles follow statements.
- Refer to the Getting Started page for usage instructions.
- Place it somewhere, and enter the absolute path, msdos style, in the admin pages.
- The file /admin/index.cgi needs to be modified. Open it, and go to the rotateImage subroutine.
On the system line, change \"$itemToRotate\" > \"$tempImageName\ to